Alabama Senior State Games Track and Field Competition
The first annual Alabama Nursing Home Association Senior State Games were held in Birmingham, Alabama this June. Check the results tab below for results from each sport and event.
TRACK & FIELD - Meet Date: June 9, 2018
Alabama State Games Contact:
Entry Fee and Deadlines: Must complete registration by 11:59 PM on June 14, 2017
- Youth: $25 (4 event limit)
- Adult: $15 (1st event) and $5 each additional event
- Adult includes open-women and men 19-29, masters-women and men 30 and over.
Youth Age Divisions: Age determination date is July 26, 2018
- 8 and Under - Born 2009 of after
- 9 years old - Born 2008
- 10 years old - Born 2007
- 11 years old - Born 2006
- 12 years old - Born 2005
- 13 years old - Born 2004
- 14 years old - Born 2003
- 15-16 years old - Born 2001-2002
- 17-18 years old - Born 1999-2000
- Athletes who are still 18 through the final day of the USATF National Junior Olympic Track and Field Championships (July 26, 2017) are eligible to compete in the Young Men's and Young Women's divisions.
Adult Age Divisions: Age determination date is July 26, 2017
- Open (O) - Women and Men 19-29
- Masters (MS) - Women and Men 30 and Over
- USATF official rules
- Electronic timing will be used. Max spike length allowed on the track is 1/4 inch.
- Starting blocks will be supplied at venue.
- Most field implements will be on-site. Implements brought by participants will be weighed and measured.
- All running events will be timed finals, except the Oepn and Masters 100 meter dash, which will be run as trial and final.
- Open and masters running events will be run oldest to youngest and women before men (i.e. 65-69 women, 65-69 men, then 60-64 women, men 60-64)
- Youth running events will be run youngest to oldest and girls before boys.
- The Alabama State Games reserves the right to elminate the 1500M and 3000M race walk from the events offered if an insufficient amount of participants enter the two events.
Awards and Qualifying:
- AL. State Games gold, silver and bronze medals awarded to all age divisions in each event.
- Track and Field is a medal sport for the State Games of America event. Those who medal in the 2016 & 2017 Alabama State Games track and field meet qualify to compete in the 2017 State Games of America, held in Grand Rapids, Michigian, August 3-6, 2017. Click the images below for more info. Participants in the Alabama State Games are responsible to check event format and age groups for all SGA qualifying sports offered at the Alabama State Games.
Additional Event Information
Additional information about Track and Field and the overall Alabama State Games event activities, including Opening Ceremony, can be found in the tabbed section below. Use the tabs on the left to reveal the section you want to view.