Alabama Senior State Games Bowling Competition
The first annual Alabama Nursing Home Association Senior State Games were held in Birmingham, Alabama this June. Check the results tab below for results from each sport and event.
BOWLING: Competition Date: TBA
Click The Image Below
Rhonda Swaim - Member of Hall of Fame - Huntsville USBC & AL State USBC
Recipient of the National USBC Helen Baker Award
Cell: (256) 990-6578
Alabama State Games Contact:
Online Event Fees due by TBA:
- Youth - Direct entry to scholarship SMART Program (Average 100 and above only): $32 per bowler.
- Youth, Adult, Senior, Adapted: $17 per bowler.
- Per team (teams of 4 any combination): $45 per team
On-Site Event Fees at venue on competition dates:
- Youth - Direct entry to scholarship SMART Program (Average 100 and above only): $40 per bowler.
- Youth, Adult, Senior, Adapted: $25 per bowler.
- Per team (teams of 4 any combination): $60 per team
- Youth Scholarship - Scholarships will be offered for first and second places in four divisions. Boys and girls will compete together.
- Adult and Senior Divisions - This will be scratch tournament. Seniors can bowl in their senior division and/or adult division based on their average.
- Adapted Division
- Team Division - four bowlers in any combination.
Format and Age/Averages Chart (this PDF documnet is not the official registration form):
- This is a sanctioned USBC tournament. All participants must have a valid USBC membership card and persent it before the first round begins. Non-members can purchase a card prior to the tournament to be be eligible for sanctioned high game/series awards at www.bowl.com. Bowlers can also sign up for a card on-site at Dothan Lanes on Saturday, June 10th. Laptop(s) will be available. The Youth USBC membership cost is $4, visit www.bowl.com to see what all benefits come with the membership. USBC rules 319(a), 319(d), and 319(e) do not apply.
- All bowlers will use their current league averages (highest average in more than one league) as of Friday, May 1, 2017 based on 12 games or more.
- Those without an average will bowl in the upper division.
- Bowlers must have verification of average documents on hand at the event site. The recap sheet, league standing sheet or roster sheet are acceptable. Reporting of incorrect averages may be cause for disqualification.
- In the event of a tie to determine the semi finalists or finalists, an extra ninth or tenth frame roll-off will be held on a pair of lanes to be determind by the tournament director.
- In the event of a tie within the stepladder roll-off, an extra ninth or tenth frame roll-off will be held on a pair of lanes to be determind by the tournament director.
- No practice lanes available.
Awards and Qualifying:
- AL. State Games gold, silver and bronze medals awarded to each category/division and to each individual on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams.
- All bowlers in the adapted division will receive a medal.
Hotels: Click the hotel icon to view the special participant rates from our hotel partners. Make sure you are booking your room through a hotel partner of the Alabama State Games to take advantage of the reduced rates.
Additional Event Information
Additional information about Bowling and the overall Alabama State Games event activities, including Opening Ceremony, can be found in the tabbed section below. Use the tabs on the left to reveal the section you want to view.